Welcome!

These are conversations with Jesus.  I remember them only because I wrote them down.  And I'm sharing them only because God prompted me to.  Much of what He shares with me could be what He is revealing to your heart as well.  Or maybe you just needed to be reminded that God still speaks, still cares, still wants to be known by you deeply and intimately.

Of course, not all my prayers are conversations.  I'm not always still enough to hear God's voice.  And to be honest, I'm not always seeking to hear His voice (even writing that statement is urging me to seek Him more)!  Often my prayers are rushed supplications.  There seems to be no end to what I need God to do for me and my family.  The list is long and by the time I'm finished I'm just too tired to hear what He would have to say.  But I'm learning to ask Him questions.  And I'm learning that God loves to be asked questions!

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Everything I Have Is Yours

I said:  Jesus, Name that I cherish, Name that is Above All,
Let your faith rise up within me.  I want the fruit of your Holy Spirit in my life.  I desire to bring you glory.  Jesus, show me how to walk humbly with you.  Show me how to love like you do, bring healing through you, and proclaim freedom for those who are in captivity.  I desire to see the power of your Name at work, to glorify you.

I believe every word of your Bible.  EVERY WORD.  And you say that I have whatever I ask for, IN YOUR NAME (John 15: 16).  You say that the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in me. (Romans 8:11)  You say that if I have faith as small as a mustard seed I can say to this mountain, "Move!" and it will move.  (Matthew 17: 20)  I believe you, Father.  I believe in your EVERY WORD.

Jesus, send forth your light and your truth--let them guide me.  Fill me with your Holy Spirit.  Your word tells me that I should eagerly desire the greater gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12: 31).  And I desperately do.  Only Your Spirit can produce fruit in my life that is lasting and pleasing to you.  So, fill me Lord, with your gifts: the word of wisdom,  word of knowledge, faith, healing, working of miracles, prophesying, discernment of spirits, speaking in tongues and the interpretation of tongues  (I Corinthians 12: 7-11).  And most of all, my Lord, fill me with Your Love!  I want to become less so you can become more!

God said:  I am the vine and you are the branches.  Those who remain in me and I in them will produce much fruit.  For apart from me you can do nothing.  (John 15: 5)

I have loved you even as the Father has loved me.  Remain in my love.  When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father's commandments and remain in his love.  I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy.  Yes, your joy will overflow! This is my commandment:  Love others in the same way that I have loved you.  You are my friend if you obey me.  I chose you--I appointed you to go and produce fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.  (John 15: 9-16)

_(my name)__, everything I have is yours.  You asked for the gifts of the Holy Spirit and I have given them to you.

_(my name)__, I have given you a sound mind--you are not ruled by your emotions.  You are not led by your feelings.  I go before you.  I am leading you by my right hand.

Ask!  For I will surely answer!